About this course
As a care giver, your role is to ensure the daily needs of your clients are taken care of. Eating is the most basic human need; a simple task that we are able to do on our own effortlessly every day. However some clients with disability may need special help in feeding.
This course aims to equip you with the skills of Nasogastric Tube (NGT) feeding. You will learn the pre-feeding preparations, during and post procedures of NGT.
There will be no Certificate issued to course participants as this is a complimentary course.
What you will learn
- Explain the anatomy and physiology of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) in relation to the nasogastric tube feeding.
- Explain what nasogastric tube feeding is
- Explain the tasks to be carried out in the pre-feeding preparation stage
- Explain the tasks to be carried out in the during procedure stage
- Explain the tasks to be carried out in the post procedure stage